Our client is a small but dynamic high-tech company on a path of considerable growth and expansion with a growing list of international customers across the various industry sectors. To support this growth, they require a Director of Engineering/Engineering Director with an electro-optics and materials manufacturing bias to assist the Company to manage, develop and scale its current pilot production manufacturing capability and manage the design, development and introduction of new high-volume production equipment and its delivery to manufacturing partners.
You will take on the management and responsibility of the related research & development element of the project, coordinate with suppliers and partners on the equipment manufacture, oversee production process development, both internal and external, with the goal of delivering the companies capability on time and to budget.
Reporting to the CEO of the Company and working closely with all teams, you will also promote Project Management practices and philosophy into the business.
- Experience at a management level within electro-optics (optical engineering) or thin-film, polymer will be highly advantageous.
- Solid organisational skills including previous experience providing project management support across multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in managing multiple budgets
- Understanding of PRINCE2 Foundation and/or Agile experience
- Good educational background, preferably in a field of engineering or another technical discipline
- Proven ability to grasp complex and technical ideas quickly
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills with ability to deliver by working through others