Laser Technology Development Engineer / R&D Engineer (laser development)
Our client is looking for Laser Technology / Research & Development (R&D) Engineer / graduate with a background in ultrafast laser development for a wide range of commercial sectors. Graduates from applied photonics, laser engineering, ultrafast optics, or other relevant disciplines are encouraged to apply, and we also welcome candidates with relevant industrial experience.
- Review the ultrashort-pulsed laser market and meet with potential end users / customers to determine product requirements.
- Systematically develop, demonstrate and prototype new ultrafast laser sources that will extend the product line, including:
- A high-power frequency-doubled fiber laser
- A visible-pumped optical parametric oscillator meeting at least one end-user specification
- Document the above, disseminate the results and knowledge within the company and in scientific venues, including relevant journals and conferences
To be considered as our clients Laser Technology / Research & Development (R&D) Engineer you must have the following skills/experience:
- Excellent written and spoken English, supported by evidence of your experience in writing and managing projects or authoring peer-reviewed papers. You will have the ability to articulate your work, both in technical reports / papers and by oral presentation.
- Evidence of your research ability in terms of your approach to problem solving.
- A strong theoretical understanding and thorough grounding in experimental techniques.
A strong experimental background in one or more of the following areas:
- Demonstrable experience in ultrafast laser development, ideally with expertise in optical parametric oscillators, supported by an appropriate industrial track record or relevant PhD qualification (or a thesis successfully examined by the appointment date).
- Femtosecond/ picosecond / ultrafast laser development
- Optical parametric oscillators
- Laser design and engineering
- A proven academic ability and a demonstrable high level of technical competence in experimental optics / photonics and the analysis / modelling of the results.
In return our client can offer:
- Competitive salary
- Positive, supportive and stimulating working environment