Our client is looking for a full time, Lead Software Engineer/Technical Expert to be part of their team based in Edinburgh.
You will be the Technical Expert responsible for delivering software solutions protocol stack as well as software management tools for the network, devices and other aspects of the network. It will be your responsibility to ensure that the drivers and any applications are of high quality and ready for certification by the applicable OS vendor (Microsoft, Apple, etc.) and integration by customers. You will also assist in system-level integration and the development of supporting tools, processes, applications and test harnesses and systems.
Responsibilities will include the following:-
- Technical leadership of software product development including certification and documentation;
- Design, deliver, maintain and verify device drivers and other relevant software components;
- Communicate developed designs/code to team members orally and through written communication;
- Delivery of protocol stack architecture and code;
- Development of networking architecture and network/device management code;
- Mentor and guide junior members of the software team and help to implement software development best practice.
Essential skills & experience required:-
- Expert level knowledge of mobile/digital communications protocol stacks as well as cellular telecommunication and networking (3G/4G/5G) principles
- In-depth understanding of enterprise networking and wireless controller protocols (e.g., LWAPP/CAPWAP & GRE)
- Hands-on communications protocol/signal processing algorithm development and implementation experience
- Expert knowledge of C and C++
- Knowledge of Windows device drivers and networking framework
- Knowledge of Linux kernel architecture, module development and kernel customization
In return you will receive;
- Competitive starting salary
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology
- Opportunity to work within a collaborative environment
If you meet the skills and experience above and are keen to learn more then please send your CV letting us know when you are free to talk further. We can call out of core office hours.