Optical Engineer (from PhD to Principal level)
Duties will be dependent on the level you are hired at. The expectation is that the successful candidates will develop expertise in the holographic design and origination process, understand completely the in-house design software and mastering machinery, and operation thereof, and take a lead role in the expanded capacity, and improved technology in planned future generation systems. At a more senior/principal level, you will contribute to future system architecture definition, develop new or improved subsystems, carries out analyses and performance simulations.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience Required
- Academic qualifications; B. Sc. in Physics or Optoelectronics and a M. Sc or PhD in Applied Optics is a distinct advantage. We will, of course, be happy with the commensurate commercial experience.
- Experience in modelling or designing complex optical systems using appropriate commercial tools such as ZEMAX, FRED, Igor/MATLAB or similar.
- Practical knowledge of theory, design and assembly of coherent optical systems.
- Knowledge of lasers and volume holography/diffractive optics.
- Cross-functional capabilities (optical, mechanical, electronic and code development) is highly advantageous.
- Experience in mechanical and electrical design aspects of electro-optical systems.
- Integration of complex systems.
For a full brief, please email your CV and let us know when you are free to discuss further.