Our client is an expanding Scottish organization who are looking to recruit a permanent Senior Network Support Engineer to join their team in Edinburgh.
Due to their continued growth, they need an experienced network support engineer who can be the escalation point for technical issues within the Network Support team prior to escalating to the Managed Networks and NOC teams. Main strength will be in supporting Juniper.
Skills and experience required for this role:
- Previous experience in technical network support role supporting Juniper
- Excellent Network debug skills, specifically in a Juniper environment.
- Configure command lines
- Comprehensive knowledge of other multi-vendor switches, routers and firewalls i.e. Cisco, HP, Fortinet
- Understanding of MPLS, VPLS and Layer 3 VPN networks
- In depth knowledge of dynamic routing protocols e.g. OSPF, RIP and BGP
- Knowledge of Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF) and how to configure
If you meet the skills and experience above and are keen to learn more then please send your CV letting us know when you are free to talk further. We can call out of core office hours.