Our client is looking for a Software Developer to join their busy, Edinburgh-based team.
As a software developer, you are expected to develop effective, robust software solutions to grow business and improve the quality in what our client delivers. It is crucial for a developer to be able to collaborate with many different levels and area of the business to understand delivery requirements.
- Drive collaborative delivery of software solutions for our client’s automated reporting framework.
- Contribute to high standards of team output. Writing clean, maintainable code which creates business solutions in an efficient, timely manner.
What you need to be successful
- Working knowledge of writing asynchronous software
- Understanding of microservices architectures.
- Working knowledge of Agile development best practices
- Experience with database technologies (preferably MongoDB, file based db technology), data querying and working with APIs (GraphQL experience or interest especially)
- Strong test and quality delivery capabilities
In return you can expect:
Our client believes in continuously investing in their talent and offer an industry-leading training and development programme which includes:
- a competitive training budget, open to all staff
- a bespoke ILM Leadership Development Programme, supporting staff making the transition to management level
- a full day each month for personal and professional development time, with access to ILM qualified internal trainers and learning resources.
- merit-based promotion from within, and all vacancies are advertised internally
- opportunities to make suggestions for positive change in a period of growth.
Additional benefits include:
- Flexi-hours and working from home options.
- Generous company pension contributions and life insurance
- Monthly staff rewards and anniversary gifts starting at 1 years’ service
- Flexible annual leave (34 days) with options to buy/sell leave.
- Travel loan options to reduce monthly travel spend
- Technology loans and discounts to allow you to keep up to date with the latest technology trends
- Medical history disregard Private Medical Scheme
If you are interested in this role, please apply below now.